Saturday, September 22, 2012

Ottawa Animation Festival 2012

Genndy Tartakovsky Q&A post Hotel Transylvania
Genndy Tartakovsky Masterclass

Butch Hartman Keynote speaker
Brendan Burch
 So I am back home after taking in a little of the Animation Festival this year. It was great to see familiar faces as well as meet new ones.
I attended the TAC portion of the festival for the first time, it was a great experience and I would recommend it to anyone interested. 
One of the highlights was the  Genndy Tartakovsky "masterclass". I have always enjoyed his work and it was great to finally see and hear from him in person. Prior to the festival I didn't know who he was, I new his work of course Dexters Lab, Samurai Jack and more, ...but I now know the name. 
He offered words of wisdom something along the lines of "with your work have a strong vision, Believe (in that vision), and continue to grow and develop as an artist."

here are a couple of links to a few artists I was able to meet:
 http://drawnwright.com/
 http://danielgies.tumblr.com/